For Midco Business Fiber Internet, Midco leases wireless gateways for new and current fiber internet customers. Your Midco-provided wireless gateway will always be an up-to-date model so you get optimal speeds for your internet package. As technology advances, we’ll update the equipment for your business, so you don't need to use your own router or worry about keeping it updated.
- If you’re a new customer, you can lease or purchase a wireless gateway from Midco as a part of your contract. A Midco representative will discuss your business needs with you to make sure you’re getting the right equipment.
- If you’re a current customer and need new equipment, contact customer care, as changes in equipment may affect your network setup.
You may also use your own purchased router with Midco Business Fiber Internet service. To reach speeds above 1 Gbps available with our fiber internet service, you must provide your own router that meets the following specifications.
- For 1 Gbps speeds: a WAN interface with a 1 Gb port or higher
- For 2 Gbps speeds: a WAN interface with a 2.5 Gb port or higher
- For 5 Gbps speeds: a WAN interface with a 5 Gb port or higher
If you purchase and operate your own internet equipment, keep in mind that we’re not able to provide technical support or firmware updates for third-party equipment. Please refer to the router manufacturer for support details.
If you have questions about a router model or need to know if your existing router might work with our technology, we recommend that you contact us before you make a purchase. Please direct any other router questions to your business’ IT specialist or team, or your router manufacturer.