What to Expect: Our Installation Process
While the installation timeline will vary based on your property’s location, here’s what you can expect before, during and after your Managed Internet installation.
Step 1: Information Gathering
We’ll need building plans and unit and common area information – along with any other pertinent details about your property, such as unit numbering conventions – to scope out our inventory and installation process. To get started, you'll need to answer a few questions that will help us understand the full scope of the installation:
- When will you want your Managed Internet services installed?
- When will it need to be available to use?
- Please provide the building plans, number of units, naming scheme and/or any other unit information. (For example, units on floor 1 are 100-112, floor 2 are 200-212, etc.)
- Who do we contact to discuss a wiring needs assessment?
- Since our modems will stay in each unit, we prefer to mount them on the wall in a common living area. On a few occasions, tenants have taken them when they move out – even though we do label all equipment as Midco property. Do you foresee this being a problem at your property?
- We will need a full day or two to install the new modems in each unit. We’ll need access to each unit so we can complete the installation as efficiently as possible. How will you facilitate informing any existing tenants and providing unit access to Midco field technicians?
Step 2: Installation
After we’ve received the information we need in Step 1 and have the project fully scoped out, we’ll work with you to set up an installation date. Most of our Managed Internet installs take between one to two days, depending on the number of units in your property. We’ll need access to each unit the day we install the modems – which will most likely be mounted in the main living space.
Step 3: Implementation and Ongoing Support
Once the installation is complete, we’ll start powering your internet! As part of your implementation, you also have access to our Property Manager Marketing Kit.
Moving forward, you and your tenants can call our dedicated Managed Internet support line at 1.800.571.5463.