Easy Attendant is a very simple automated menu that callers receive when they dial your business. The automated menu provides key options the caller can select to:
- Transfer to specific departments or individuals in your business.
- Transfer to a voicemail account directly.
- Listen to a recorded announcement.
When Easy Attendant is turned on, you can choose to between a single menu – or two different menu options for business and non-business hours (used according to a pre-defined schedule).
Access to Easy Attendant settings and feature is available to CommPortal business group administrators.
To access your Easy Attendant settings
- Go to the Midco CommPortal for business group administrators.
- On the login screen, enter your number and password. Your initial password is provided by Midco.
- Click Login.
- When prompted, change your password to one that’s unique to you. For your security, password requirements include the following:
- Be between 10 and 15 characters long.
- Not have a single digit repeated more than 3 times in a row.
- Have at least 1 digit.
- Have at least 1 letter.
- Have at least 1 special character.
- Not be a numeric sequence, e.g. 12345 or 54321.
- Not contain, or match part of, the calling number associated with this account.
The first time you log in to your Easy Attendant, a welcome window will prompt you to choose to either:
- Use a Schedule: Callers will hear different menus during business and non-business hours.
- Use a Simple Menu: Callers will hear the same menu options all the time.
It is possible to switch between schedule and simple menu mode once Easy Attendant has been set up, should your requirements change.