Follow these steps to set up call park softkeys, so you and your colleagues can park calls and pick them up elsewhere. As the CommPortal business group administrator, you must set up call park orbits before you program call park softkeys – and before your users can activate and use the call park feature.
- Under All Lines, click Phones. You will see a chart showing all desktop and cordless phone equipment for your business.
- Locate the device you’d like to manage. Click Actions next to that device, and select Configure phone. A pop-up window will appear showing an image of the device.
Click Edit below the device image.
Select the Programmable Keys – Line dropdown.
- Note: If you do not see an image of your device, click Create New Profile, and select your device.
Click Save Changes.
- Select the key number you’d like to program.
- For the Softkey action dropdown, choose Enhanced Call Park.
- For the Park Orbit dropdown, select which orbit number you’d like to have as an option for call parking.
- For the Label, enter a name for the park orbit (for example: Call Park 1).
- Close the Programmable Keys – Line dropdown.