The CommPortal allows you to set up email or call notifications to appropriate on- or off-site personnel whenever a 911 call is made from your Hosted VoIP system. This is a requirement of the FCC’s Kari’s Law and we highly recommend that you configure email or call notifications for 911 calls.
- Go to the Midco Admin CommPortal.
- On the login screen, enter your admin telephone number and password.
- Click Login.
- Under Misc. Settings, go to Call Notifications.
- Click Add New.
- Select the Department from the dropdown. If you do not have multiple departments, only one option will display.
- Enter a name and email address, or multiple, of the person/people who will be emailed when emergency calls are made within that department.
- If needed, you can also select the Outdial tab to add a name and phone number, or multiple, of the person/people who will receive an automated call.
- Click Save. Repeat for other departments as needed.