After you have added new music on hold, you will need to map it so it plays.
- Under Services, click Music on Hold.
- In the new Music on Hold window, click the mappings tab
- For the Directory number dropdown, select your user number.
- Select your music file from the Initial resource dropdown.
- Use the Action dropdown to select how you’d like your music to play:
For the Follow-up resource dropdown, select a secondary music file.
For the Start Point dropdown, choose Start if you’d like your music to play from the beginning – or random if you’d like it to play from a random spot in the audio file.
- Repeat: Music will start from the beginning and repeat over again.
- Play Once: Music will play once.
- Repeat – Initial interrupted: The music will play and be interrupted at defined intervals, such as to play a “Thank you for holding” message.
- Repeat – Follow-Up interrupted: The initial music will play first. Then the follow-up recording will play and be interrupted at defined intervals, such as to play a “Thank you for holding” message.