The call park feature allows you to put a call on hold on one phone and continue the conversation from another desktop calling device.
To park a call
- After answering the call, press the Transfer softkey.
- Dial 101. The call is now held in Call Park 1.
- If you are parking more than one call at a time, dial 102 for Call Park 2, dial 103 for Call Park 3, and so forth.
You can end the call only after the call is transferred.
To retrieve a parked call
- Dial *46, and then dial 101 to pick up Call Park 1.
- Dial 102 to retrieve Call Park 2, dial 103 for Call Park 3, and so forth.
- Press the Dial button to answer the parked call.
To assign a call park retrieval to a speed dial number:
This feature allows you to press and hold a single key to autodial a code that picks up the parked call.
- Press the OK key to enter the main menu, and then select Directory.
- Press the Options soft key, and then select New Contact.
- Enter the desired name in the Name field. (For example: Cpr1.)
- In the Office field, enter *46101. This will build a directory entry for your first call park contact.
- For additional call park retrieval contacts, you will need to use a separate last digit. We recommend using the pattern: Cpr 1: *46101, Cpr 2: *46102, Cpr 3: *46103, and so on.
- Press Save.
- Press the OK key to enter the main menu. Then select Settings, Telephony and Speed Dial.
- Press the up or down navigation keys to highlight the desired digit key, and then press the Assign soft key.
- Press the up or down navigation keys to highlight the desired entry, and then press the OK soft key to assign the Directory entry to a speed dial number.